George Mason University is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD), an organization devoted to professional development, training, and mentoring.
NCFDD provides resources, career advancement opportunities, and support designed to enhance faculty success. Specifically a community and peer network for underrepresented faculty in higher education, NCFDD is a valuable resource for all faculty, post-docs and graduate students.
NCFDD focuses on four key areas of faculty life to help you achieve professional and personal fulfillment:
- Strategic Planning for Your Goals: Increased confidence as a researcher and scholar
- Productivity in Research, Writing & More: Greater success with publications and securing external funding
- Healthy Professional Relationships & Networking: Healthier personal and professional relationships with colleagues
- Work-Life Balance: Increased job satisfaction and retention
Our institutional subscription offers a number of benefits. All faculty members, graduate students, and post-docs are strongly encouraged to join this community and take full advantage of the available programs and services, such as:
- 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Monthly Core Curriculum webinars
- Monday Motivator weekly tips
- Additional webinars and multi-week courses
- Discussion forums for peer-mentoring and problem-solving